Jewellery Making Information - tips and websites
This is a website for those who want to start making their own jewellery, people who are interested in jewellery, bead enthusiasts and people who want to buy jewellery online (whether it's for yourself or as a gift). This website is mainly geared towards those living in the UK, but will also be useful for people living in other countries. I hope that you will find something that helps you within this site.
I am not involved with any of the websites (except for charmchic.com, which is my own website) listed on ilovebeads.co.uk. Therefore, any dealings you have with these sites are between you and the site in question. These are just my personal recommendations from my own experiences with these sites.
Information for website owners on useful topics such as improving your search engine ranking (search engine optimisation), free Google tools for webmasters, website navigation tips etc. can be found at my other website: www.cutecrab.co.uk (formerly known as www.ellen5.co.uk).
Free Web Hosting Including MySQL and PHP5!
At the moment, One.com is offering one year free domain registration (.com or .co.uk) and web hosting on all of their web hosting packages. This offer will be fantastic for people who are put off creating their own website or online shop because of the costs. Their hosting package even includes a £50 Google Adwords coupon (to advertise your website on Google) and MySQL (databases) and PHP5, which allows you to use free e-commerce software like osCommerce or Cubecart. The downside is that there is a setup fee of around £10.00, but for what you are getting it is well worth it. This offer is only available to UK companies and UK individuals.
My Favourite Handmade Jewellery Books
Below is a summary of what this website contains;
- UK Bead Retailers - UK based websites selling beads(!!) and jewellery making supplies. Most of these websites also sell internationally.
- Worldwide Bead Retailers - Non-UK based websites selling beads and jewellery making supplies. These sites ship to the UK.
- UK Handmade Jewellery - UK based websites selling gorgeous handmade jewellery, most of which is made in the UK. Most of these websites also sell internationally.
- Tips and Tricks - Tips and tricks on how to make your own beautiful jewellery.
- Jewellery Making Tools - Information on various jewellery making tools. Including info on pliers, cutters, the Koil Kutter and using tumblers to clean jewellery.
- Seed Beads & Beadwork - Beginners guide to seed beads. Information on the different types of seed beads, where to get them and where to find fabulous beading patterns.
- Current News & Updates - Keeping you informed on site updates.
- Glossary - List of common jewellery making terms.